The history of Bethany Church is far more than a story of building with timbers, brick, stone, steel girders, beautiful windows and furniture; rather, it is the story of very ordinary men and women, children and youth who under the leadership of our Heavenly Father sought earnestly to know and do His will in their lives.
When we turn the hands of time back to 1909, we find the very beginning of our church in the lives of only eleven faithful and fearless men who met in the home of Mr. Andrew Smith. Within a period of two years, their number increased to thirty-one and immediately they built a modern brick church building on the corner of Blake and Walnut Streets.
By 1920 the mortgage was burned and Bethany was thriving in ministry. Their faith continued to push them toward making disciples. In 1952 we purchased the property of the old East Elementary School on East Wayne Street. Plans were made and work was done and on October 13, 1957, Bishop Fred L. Dennis gave the Corner Stone Laying Service and dedicated the building we are in now. The first service of this great building was on Easter Sunday, April 6, 1958.
Over 50 years later and Bethany is still about what it has always been about: making disciples of Jesus Christ by Connecting, Growing and Serving. We have a wonderful facility, a great location and people of faith that will connect, grow and serve with you. Come and Join Us!